Saturday, April 11, 2009

Kipper Life on the Road

My life has changed. They rescued me when I was a kitty. They took me to a big house with 2 other cats, 4 dogs and a horse. There were plenty of trees and a big yard to play and hunt. Then the big changes came. We moved into that small place that keeps moving. It has beeen a good seven years, I love the the change of scenery. You know, life gets boring when you have the same view all the time. The lastest change has been when they brought that Bailey dog home. You just have to make adjustments. So here is what my life has been like so far.

A cat's eye view of life on the road




Cat Entertainment Center
When I was younger and we had a house (Lake Arrowhead) that did not move around, I was a great outdoor hunter. Now I am a voyeur, they do not let me get outdoors. Don't tell them, but I do not want to go out. My folks like to entertain me, they enjoy watching me too, by hanging a bird feeder on the rear window. They think it is cute, but I cannot figure out why those birds come so close and I cannot get them. Well, it does get my heart beating.



In South Carolina, they had lots of birds and squirrels.






Mexico had only one variety of birds. It took those birds two days to learn how to eat out of a bird feeder. Guess they are not used to getting food in that manner.


Once they learned, they did well.


Now is the time to make my move, I'll get them this time.


OK, if I just reach out and grab one of them . . .


What? Can't you see me?



Where did they go?



They also hang a finch sack on the dinner table window.



View out my rear window


Northern Arizona -- the desert is abloom and has great sunsets.


Mexico -- view of the beach and sea of Cortez.






Watching people walking on beach, plus the sea gulls and pelicans.


Watching people fishing in Southern California.



What is that dog doing in my story? He is looking for rabbits.



Love to sleep - I have my favorites

I love sleeping and do it in lots of places. My favorite place is my cat condo.
Don made this cage. It hangs out the kitchen window.
Yes, even in the snow. We were in Arizona. Yes, my first and only snow.
That is really strange stuff.


Give me the sun anytime.

My scratching post box.


Why do they call it the Lazy Boy? Why not Lazy Cat?


I love to cuddle.

I used to sleep anywhere, anytime. Cricket did not mind, but not so with that big fussy.


Bailey the dog can find me even if I hide.

But lay down a piece of clothing and I'll sleep on it. You know my motto, "no outfit is complete without cat hair."
Open a door and curiosity gets to me.

In Arizona, we had two visitors come to the door. Softhearted Judy let them in, she did not ask me. I don't like to share my house, but I think I like the dog better.

They were persistent little guys, if they could not get in the front door, they tried other ways.
"Get down from there! It isn't safe! You could fall!"
I had to share my food. For little guys, they eat a lot!


Had to share my cage.

They climbed on everything! Judy thought it was so cute!

Cricket had to share, too.

There is not any privacy. I cannot even go to the box.

I had to give up my favorite chair to get some sleep.


The End - well, not yet - check out my tail.

Did you notice my unique tail? That dog doesn't have a tail! His is a stub.

It's 100% natural and it works, I can wiggle just the tip.

As you know, we cats are more flexible. I keep it very clean.
This is the end. It's time for me to take a nap.

Well, I guess it is good to have your own guard dog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! Kipper's seen some amazing sights and is a well-traveled cat for sure!